Special Release - POPCEN - Tabontabon

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 32

Release Date: 

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF TABONTABON

 

 
Total population of Tabontabon as of 2015 is 11,204 
 
The municipality of Tabontabon has a total population of 11,204 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 1,366 persons as compared to 9,838 total count in 2010 and higher by 2,832 persons from its total count of 8,372 in 2000. It is the second smallest municipality in Leyte in terms of population in 2015. 
 
Its population in 2015 comprised 0.6 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City).  It grew at the rate of 2.51 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is higher by 0.88 percentage point from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 1.63 percent. Among the 42 cities/municipalities of Leyte, Tabontabon posted as the 8th fastest growing municipality in terms of population in 2015. 
 
The household population of Tabontabon totaled to 11,159 persons in 2015, which is 13.4 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 9,837 persons. Majority or 99.6 percent of the total population in Tabontabon in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.4 percent or 45 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters. 
 
The number of households in 2015 reached 2,780, higher by 613 households from 2,167 in 2010.  The average household size in Tabontabon declined from 4.5 in 2010 to 4.0 in 2015. This municipality posted the second lowest number of households in Leyte in 2015. 
 
The estimated total land area of Tabontabon was 24.18 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. This is the third smallest municipality in terms of land area.  The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 463 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 346 and 407persons per square kilometer, respectively. This municipality is the sixth densely populated municipality in Leyte in 2015.  
 
Of the 16 barangays of Tabontabon, Barangay Mering registered the biggest population with 1,180 persons in 2015 or 10.5 percent of the municipality’s total population.  The remaining barangays which completed the top five (5) barangays in terms of population were San Pablo (Mooc) (1,103.), Capahuan (1,023), District I Pob.(Quezon) (889), and Jabong (818).  
 
Meanwhile, Barangay Cambucao recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 228 persons which accounted 2.0 percent of the total population of Tabontabon. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom five (5) barangays in terms of population were Mohon (315), Aslum (399), Belisong (514) and District III Pob. (Bonifacio) (576). 
 
The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Tabontabon in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Guingawan (6.24 percent), Amandangay (4.09 percent) and Mering (3.78 percent).  The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were District III Pob. (Bonifacio), Aslum, San Pablo (Mooc), Capahuan, District IV Pob. (Macarthur), Mercadohay, and Jabong with PGRs ranging from 2.16 percent to 3.13 percent. Barangay Balingasag and Cambucao recorded negative PGRs at 0.09 percent, -1.51 percent, respectively. This means that their population declined in 2015.

 

Attachments: