Special Release - POPCEN - Tabango

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 33

Release Date: 

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF TABANGO

 

Total population of Tabango as of 2015 is 34,195 

The municipality of Tabango has a total population of 34,195 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 2,263 persons as compared to 31,932 total count in 2010 and higher by 2,762 persons from its total count of 31,433 in 2000. It ranked 20th among the cities/municipalities in Leyte with high population count in 2015.

Its population in 2015 comprised 2.0 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City).  It grew at the rate of 1.31 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is higher by 1.15 percentage points from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 0.16 percent. Among the 42 cities/municipalities of Leyte, Tabango posted as the 10th slowest growing municipality in terms of population in 2015. 

The household population of Tabango totaled to 34,188 persons in 2015, which is 7.1 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 31,918 persons.  Majority or 99.98 percent of the total population of Tabango in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.02 percent or 7 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters. 

The number of households in 2015 reached 8,227 higher by 1,001 households from 7,226 in 2010.  The average household size in Tabango declined from 4.4 in 2010 to 4.2 in 2015.

The estimated total land area of Tabango was 96.62 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.  The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 354 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 325 and 330 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 13 barangays of Tabango, Barangay Poblacion registered the biggest population with 6,491 persons in 2015 or 19.0 percent of the municipality’s total population.  The remaining barangays which completed the top five (5) barangays in terms of population were Campokpok (5,979), Inangatan (4,301), Manlawaan (2,604), and Catmon (2,498). These barangays also recorded with the highest number of household province in 2015.

Meanwhile, Barangay Butason II recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 884 persons which accounted 2.6 percent of the total population of Tabango.  The remaining barangays which completed the bottom five (5) barangays in terms of population were Santa Rosa (986), Tugas (1,090), Butason I (1,627), and Gimarco (1,683). 

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Tabango in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Catmon (3.25 percent), Butason I (3.20 percent) and Inangatan (2.61 percent).  The rest of the barangays which had positive PGRs were Tabing, Omaganhan, Gibacungan, Campokpok, Poblacion, Manlawaan and Gimarco with PGRs ranging from 0.07 percent to 2.59 percent. The rest of the four (4) barangays recorded negative PGR which means that their population declined in 2015. 

Attachments: