Special Release - POPCEN - Sta. Fe

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 49

Release Date: 

Friday, June 23, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF SANTA FE

 

Total population of Santa Fe as of 2015 is 20,439

The municipality of Santa Fe has a total population of 20,439 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 3,012 persons as compared to 17,427 total count in 2010 and higher by 5,397 persons from its total count of 15,042 in 2000.

Its population in 2015 comprised 1.2 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate 3.08 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, higher by 1.60 percentage points from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 1.48 percent. Among the 42 cities/municipalities of Leyte, Santa Fe posted as the third fastest growing municipality in terms of population in 2015.

The household population of Santa Fe totaled to 20,434 persons in 2015, which is 17.3 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 17,427 persons. Majority or 99.98 percent of the total population of Santa Fe in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.02 percent or 5 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such ashospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 4,741 higher by 1,086 households from 3,655 in 2010. The average household size in Santa Fe declined from 4.8 in 2010 to 4.3 in 2015. This municipality posted the 8th lowest number of households in Leyte in 2015.

The estimated total land area of Santa Fe was 53.97 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 379 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 279 and 323 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 20 barangays of Santa Fe, Barangay San Roque registered the biggest population with 2,274 persons in 2015 or 11.1 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top 10 barangays in terms of population were San Isidro (1,936), Tibak (1,867), Pilit (1,446), San Juan (1,207), Zone 4 Pob.(Cabangcalan) (1,024), Zone 2 (Pob.) (1,011), Katipunan (1,011), Bulod (919), and Zone 1 (Pob.) (881).

These barangays also recorded with the highest number of households in the Municipality in 2015.

Meanwhile, Barangay San Miguelay recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 446 persons which accounted 2.2 percent of the total population of Santa Fe. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom 10 barangays in terms of population were Catoogan (627), Cutay (631), Pitogo (654), Victoria (703), Baculanad (712), Badiangay (713), Gapas (757), Zone 3 (Pob.) (791) and Milagrosa (829).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Santa Fe in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Badiangay (6.54 percent), Catoogan (6.07 percent) and Bulod (5.29 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Zone 4 Pob. (Cabangcalan), Milagrosa, Katipunan, San Isidro, Zone 2 (Pob.), Pitogo and Cutay with PGRs ranging from 2.94 percent to 4.64 percent.

Attachments: