Special Release - POPCEN - San Isidro

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17R0837 - 47

Release Date: 

Friday, June 23, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF SAN ISIDRO

 

Total population of San Isidro as of 2015 is 31,641

The municipality of San Isidro has a total population of 31,641 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 3,087 persons as compared to 28,554 total count in 2010 and higher by 2,231 persons from its total count of 29,410 in 2000.

Its population in 2015 comprised 1.8 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 1.97 percent annually from 2010 to 2015. It posted a negative population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of -0.29 percent. Among the 42 cities/municipalities of Leyte, San Isidro posted as the 17th fastest growing municipality in terms of population in 2015.

The household population of San Isidro totaled to 31,577 persons in 2015, which is 10.6 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 28,554 persons. Majority or 99.8 percent of the total population in San Isidro in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.2 percent or 64 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 7,882, higher by 919 households from 6,963 in 2010. The average household size in San Isidro declined from 4.1 in 2010 to 4.0 in 2015.

The estimated total land area of San Isidro was 122.50 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 258 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 240 and 233 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 19 barangays of San Isidro, Barangay Banat-e registered the biggest population with 2,944 persons in 2015 or 9.3 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top five (5) barangays in terms of population were Biasong (2,918), Basud (2,571), Capiñahan (Pob.) (2,368) and Crossing (Pob.) (2,154). These barangays also recorded with the highest number of households in the Municipality in 2015.

Meanwhile, Barangay San Miguel recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 811 persons which accounted 2.6 percent of the total population of San Isidro. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom five (5) barangays in terms of population were Matungao (831), Bunacan (1,015), Taglawigan (1,114) and Cabungaan (1,120).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of San Isidro in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Capiñahan (Pob.) (6.05 percent), Hacienda Maria (4.67 percent) and San Jose (4.35 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Dajadaku, Bunacan, Crossing (Pob.), Banat-e, Busay, Matungao, and San Miguel with PGRs ranging from 1.97 percent to 3.16 percent.

Attachments: