Special Release - POPCEN - Pastrana

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 46

Release Date: 

Friday, June 23, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF PASTRANA

 

Total population of Pastrana as of 2015 is 18,002

The municipality of Pastrana has a total population of 18,002 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 1,353 persons as compared to 16,649 total count in 2010 and higher by 3,651 persons from its total count of 14,351 in 2000.

Its population in 2015 comprised 1.0 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 1.50 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, with the same growth rate in 2000 to 2010.

The household population of Pastrana totaled to 17,997 persons in 2015, which is 8.1 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 16,649 persons. Majority or 99.97 percent of the total population in Pastana in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.03 percent or 5 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 4,331, higher by 795 households from 3,536 in 2010. The average household size of Pastrana declined from 4.7 in 2010 to 4.2 in 2015. This municipality posted the 6th lowest number of households in Leyte in 2015.

The estimated total land area of Pastrana was 86.35 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 208 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 166 and 193 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 29 barangays of Pastrana, Barangay Yapad registered the biggest population with 1,116 persons in 2015 or 6.2 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top 10 barangays in terms of population were District 2 (Pob.) (1,021), Manaybanay (1,002), Lanawan (980), District 4 (Pob.) (973), Colawen (914.), Calsadahay (789), Jones (743), Tingib (685) and District 3 (Pob.) (675). These barangays also recorded with the highest number of households in the Municipality in 2015.

Meanwhile, Barangay Capilla recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 207 persons which accounted 1.1 percent of the total population of Pastrana. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom 10 barangays in terms of population were Cabaohan (313), Arabunog (345), and District 1 (Pob.) (399), Macalpiay (449), Halaba (460), Aringit (465), Cancaraja (466), Socsocon (474), and Dumarag (491).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Pastrana in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Lanawan (4.06 percent), Guindapunan (3.72 percent) and Bahay (3.50 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Sapsap, Socsocon, Malitbogay, Colawen, Lima, Cancaraja and Calsadahay with PGRs ranging from 2.03 percent to 3.32 percent.

Attachments: