Special Release - POPCEN - Ormoc City

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 43

Release Date: 

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE CITY OF ORMOC

 

Total population of Ormoc City as of 2015 is 215,031

The City of Ormoc has a total population of 215,031 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 23,831 persons as compared to 191,200 total count in 2010 and higher by 60,734 persons from its total count of 154,297 in 2000. It the most populated city (excluding Tacloban City) in Eastern Visayas in 2015.

Its population in 2015 comprised 12.5 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 2.26 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is higher by 0.09 percentage point from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 2.17 percent.

The household population of Ormoc City totaled to 214,464 persons in 2015, which is 12.7 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 190,345 persons. Majority or 99.7 percent of the total population of Ormoc City in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.3 percent or 567 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 50,341 higher by 8,345 households from 41,996 in 2010. The average household size of Ormoc City declined from 4.5 in 2010 to 4.3 in 2015. It posted the highest number of households in Leyte in 2015 (excluding Tacloban City).

The estimated total land area of Ormoc City was 613.60 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 350 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 251 and 312 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 110 barangays of Ormoc City, Barangay Tambulilid registered the biggest population with 10,323 persons in 2015 or 4.8 percent of the city’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top 10 barangays in terms of population were Linao (9,053), Ipil (8,203), Cogon Combado (6,772), Bagong Buhay (5,935), San Pablo (Simangan) (5,354), Liloan (5,114), Lao (4,970), Valencia (4,850), and Naungan (4,623).

Meanwhile, Barangay 3 (Pob.) recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 22 persons which accounted 0.01 percent of the total population of Ormoc City. The remaining poblacion barangays which completed the bottom 10 barangays in terms of population were Barangay 6 (23), Barangay 2 (30), Barangay 5 (32), Barangay 14 (61), Barangay 9 (80), Barangay 8 (89), Barangay 7 (96), Barangay 24 (123) and Barangay 18 (131).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Ormoc City in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Barangay 2 (Pob.) (15.61 percent), Can-untog (13.50 percent) and Alta Vista (10.12 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Bagong, Concepcion, Domonar, Green Valley, Liloan, San Antonio and Cabintan with PGRs ranging from 5.94 percent to 9.44 percent.

Attachments: