Special Release - POPCEN - Julita

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 55

Release Date: 

Monday, July 3, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF JULITA

 

Total population of Julita as of 2015 is 15,114

The municipality of Julita has a total population of 15,114 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 1,807 persons as compared to 13,307 total count in 2010 and higher by 3,018 persons from its total count of 12,096 in 2000. It is the 3rd smallest municipality in Leyte in terms of population in 2015.

Its population in 2015 comprised 0.9 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 2.45 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is higher by 1.49 percentage points from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 0.96 percent. Among the 42 cities/municipalities of Leyte, Julita posted as the 9th fastest growing municipality in terms of population in 2015.

The household population of Julita totaled to 15,110 persons in 2015, which is 13.5 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 13,307 persons. Majority or 99.97 percent of the total population of Julita in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.03 percent or 4 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 3,840 higher by 766 households from 3,074 in 2010. The average household size in Julita declined from 4.3 in 2010 to 3.9 in 2015. This municipality posted the 3rd lowest number of households in Leyte in 2015.

The estimated total land area of Julita was 53.30 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 284 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 227 and 250 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 26 barangays of Julita, Barangay Santo Niño registered the biggest population with 1,163 persons in 2015 or 7.7 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top 10 barangays in terms of population were Calbasag (1,156), Poblacion District IV (1,085), Dita (1,036), Poblacion District II (1,001), Anibong (842), Bongdo (783), Poblacion District III (782), Santa Cruz (672) and Cuya-e (641).

Meanwhile, Barangay Tagkip recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 177 persons which accounted 1.2 percent of the total population of Julita. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom 10 barangays in terms of population were Gitabla (185), Jurao (232), Bugho (234), Caridad (287), Aslum (308), San Pablo (331), Inawangan (340), Balante (341) and Tolosahay (402).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Julitain terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Cuya-e (7.66 percent), Jurao (6.58 percent) and Balante (6.58 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Aslum, San Pablo, Santa Cruz, Bugho, Bonifacio, Villa Hermosa and Alegria with PGRs ranging from 2.81 percent to 6.16 percent.

Attachments: