Special Release - POPCEN - Javier

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 56

Release Date: 

Monday, July 3, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF JAVIER

 

Total population of Javier as of 2015 is 25,379

The municipality of Javier has a total population of 25,379 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 1,501 persons as compared to 23,878 total count in 2010 and higher by 2,522 persons from its total count of 22,857 in 2000.

Its population in 2015 comprised 1.5 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 1.17 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is higher by 0.73 percentage point from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 0.44 percent.

The household population of Javier totaled to 25,343 persons in 2015, which is 6.1 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 23,878 persons. Majority or 99.9 percent of the total population of Javier in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.1 percent or 36 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 6,024 higher by 837 households from 5,187 in 2010. The average household size in Javier declined from 4.6 in 2010 to 4.2 in 2015.

The estimated total land area of Javier was 152.70 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 166 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 150 and 156 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 28 barangays of Javier, Barangay Binulho registered the biggest population with 1,974 persons in 2015 or 7.8 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top 10 barangays in terms of population were Manlilisid (1,693), Poblacion Zone 1 (1,692), Comatin (1,586), San Sotero (Tambis) (1,456), Poblacion Zone 2 (1,417), Odiong (1,284), Malitbogay (1,072), Talisayan (1,065), and Rizal (1,036). These barangays also recorded with the highest number of households in the Municipality in 2015.

Meanwhile, Barangay Guindapunan recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 150 persons which accounted 0.6 percent of the total population of Javier. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom 10 barangays in terms of population were Manarug (325), Magsaysay (Responde) (337), Casalungan (422), Caraye (427), Naliwatan (491), Santa Cruz (552), Picas Norte (575), Abuyogay (592) and Calzada (695).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Javier in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Manlilisid (5.22 percent), Pinocawan (4.86 percent) and Casalungan (4.67 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Laray, Andres Bonifacio, Talisayan, Santa Cruz, Malitbogay, Calzada and Caranhug with PGRs ranging from 2.28 percent to 3.63 percent.

Attachments: