Special Release - POPCEN - Isabel

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 58

Release Date: 

Monday, July 3, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF ISABEL

 

Total population of Isabel as of 2015 is 46,915

The municipality of Isabel has a total population of 46,915 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 3,322 persons as compared to 43,593 total count in 2010 and higher by 8,429 persons from its total count of 38,486 in 2000.

Its population in 2015 comprised 2.7 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 1.41 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is higher by 0.15 percentage point from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 1.25 percent.

The household population of Isabel totaled to 46,735 persons in 2015, which is 7.4 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 43,524 persons. Majority or 99.6 percent of the total population of Isabel in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.4 percent or 180 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 11,201 higher by 1,126 households from 10,075 in 2010. The average household size in Isabel declined from 4.3 in 2010 to 4.2 in 2015.

The estimated total land area of Isabel was 64.01 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 733 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 601 and 681 persons per square kilometer, respectively. Isabel recorded as the 3rd most densely populated municipality in Leyte since 2000.

Of the 24 barangays of Isabel, Barangay Matlang registered the biggest population with 5,972 persons in 2015 or 12.7 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top 10 barangays in terms of population were Libertad (5,332), Santo Niño (Pob.) (5,293), Marvel (Pob.) (4,093), Bilwang (3,062), Bantigue (2,339), Mahayag (2,269), Tabunok (1,885), Apale (1,836), and Tolingon (1,829). These barangays also recorded with the highest number of households in the Municipality in 2015.

Meanwhile, Barangay Can-andan recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 410 persons which accounted 0.9 percent of the total population Isabel. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom 10 barangays in terms of population were Consolacion (566), Antipolo (611), Benog (664), Cangag (674), Anislag (738), Puting Bato (779), Monte Alegre (799), Santo Rosario (962) and San Francisco (973).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Isabel in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Anislag (5.32 percent), Consolacion (4.77 percent) and Monte Alegre (4.04 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Puting Bato, Mahayag, Santo Rosario, San Francisco, Marvel (Pob.), Bantigue and Cangag with PGRs ranging from 2.21 percent to 3.23 percent.

Attachments: