Special Release - POPCEN - Inopacan

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 29

Release Date: 

Monday, May 22, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF INOPACAN

 

Total population of Inopacan as of 2015 is 20,550

The municipality of Inopacan has a total population of 20,550 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 646 persons as compared to 19,904 total count in 2010 and higher by 1,870 persons from its total count of 18,680 in 2000.

Its population in 2015 comprised 1.2 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 0.61 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is lower by 0.03 percentage point from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 0.64 percent. Among the 42 cities/municipalities of Leyte, Inopacan posted as the slowest growing municipality in terms of population in 2015.

The household population of Inopacan totaled to 20,537 persons in 2015, which is 3.2 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 19,901 persons. Majority or 99.9 percent of the total population of Inopacan in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.1 percent or 13 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 4,912 higher by 333 households from 4,579 in 2010. The average household size in Inopacan declined from 4.3 in 2010 to 4.2 in 2015. This municipality posted as the 9th smallest municipality in terms of population.

The estimated total land area of Inopacan was 109.11 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 188 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 171 and 182 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 20 barangays of Inopacan, Barangay Tinago registered the biggest population with 2,832 persons in 2015 or 13.8 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top five (5) barangays in terms of population were Poblacion (2,238), Conalum (2,106), Taotaon (1,672), and Tahud (1,618). These barangays also recorded with the highest number of households and average household size in the Municipality in 2015.

Meanwhile, Barangay De los Santos (Mahilum) recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 184 persons which accounted 0.9 percent of the total population of Inopacan. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom five (5) barangays in terms of population were Caminto (228), Guinsanga-an (305), Macagoco (335) and Caulisihan (342).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Inopacan in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Linao (3.55 percent), Taotaon (1.45 percent) and Esperanza (1.41 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Tahud, Macagoco, Maljo, Jubasan, Marao, Tinago and Can-angay with PGRs ranging from 0.53 percent to 1.30 percent.

Attachments: