Special Release - POPCEN - Dulag

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 28

Release Date: 

Monday, May 22, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF DULAG

 

Total population of Dulag as of 2015 is 47,300

The municipality of Dulag has a total population of 47,300 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 5,543 persons as compared to 41,757 total count in 2010 and higher by 8,403 persons from its total count of 38,897 in 2000. It ranked 12th among the cities/municipalities in Leyte with high population count.

Its population in 2015 comprised 2.7 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 2.40 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is higher by 1.69 percentage points from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 0.71 percent.

The household population of Dulag totaled to 47,240 persons in 2015, which is 13.2 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 41,734 persons. Majority or 99.9 percent of the total population in Dulag in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.1 percent or 60 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 11,838 higher by 2,737 households from 9,101 in 2010. The average household size in Dulag declined from 4.6 in 2010 to 4.0 in 2015.

The estimated total land area of Dulag was 110.70 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 427 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 351 and 377 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 45 barangays of Dulag, Barangay San Jose registered the biggest population with 4,388 persons in 2015 or 9.3 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top 10 barangays in terms of population were Cabacungan (3,337), Rizal (2,255), San Rafael (2,102), Highway (Pob.) (1,744), San Miguel (Pob.) (1,697), Rawis (1,447), Sungi (Pob.) (1,410), Tabu (1,316), and Calubian (1,307). These barangays also recorded with the highest number of households in the municipality in 2015.

Meanwhile, Barangay Maricum recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 280 persons which accounted 0.6 percent of the total population of Dulag. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom 10 barangays in terms of population were Arado (351), Camitoc (365), Cambula District (Pob.) (434), Market Site (Pob.) (447), Serrano (Pob.) (525), Del Carmen (526), Sabang Daguitan (532), Candao (Pob.) (555), and Cabarasan (572).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Dulag in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Sabang Daguitan (4.51 percent), San Rafael (4.50 percent) and Bolongtohan (4.47 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Cabarasan, San Antonio, Calubian, Batug, Magsaysay, Romualdez and Combis (Pob.) with PGRs ranging from 3.80 percent to 4.23 percent.

Attachments: