Special Release - POPCEN - Dagami

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 27

Release Date: 

Monday, May 22, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF DAGAMI

 

Total population of Dagami as of 2015 is 35,147

The municipality of Dagami has a total population of 35,147 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 3,657 persons as compared to 31,490 total count in 2010 and higher by 5,907 persons from its total count of 29,240 in 2000. It ranked 19th among the cities/municipalities in Leyte with high population count in 2015.

Its population in 2015 comprised 2.0 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 2.11 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is higher by 1.37 percentage points from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 0.74 percent. It ranked 16th among the cities/municipalities in Leyte with high population growth for the period 2010-2015.

The household population of Dagami totaled to 35,127 persons in 2015, which is 11.6 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 31,483 persons. Majority or 99.9 percent of the total population in Dagami in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.1 percent or 20 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 8,433, higher by 1,699 households from 6,734 in 2010. The average household size in Dagami declined from 4.7 in 2010 to 4.2 in 2015.

The estimated total land area of Dagami was 161.65 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 217 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 181 and 195 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 65 barangays of Dagami, Barangay Patoc registered the biggest population with 1,586 persons in 2015 or 4.5 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top 10 barangays in terms of population were Balilit (1,210), Hiabangan (1,151), Buntay (1,111), Cabuloran (1,086), Calipayan (1,054), Paraiso (1,053), Abaca (1,026), Canlingga (1,003), and Lapu-lapu Pob. (Dist. 2) (868). These barangays also recorded with the highest number of households in the municipality in 2015.

Meanwhile, Barangay Salvacion recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 8 persons which accounted 0.02 percent of the total population of Dagami. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom 10 barangays in terms of population were Buenavista (24), Lobe-lobe (138), Balugo (167), Los Martires (234), Cabunga-an (234), San Roque Pob. (Dist. 3) (238), Katipunan (249), San Jose Pob. (Dist. 1) (260), and Tunga Pob. (Dist. 4) (271).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Dagami in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Ormocay (17.61 percent), Hilabago (5.88 percent) and Sampao East Pob. (Dist. 9) (5.75 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Calutan, Hinologan, Digahongan, Balugo, Balilit, Cansamada West and Capulhan with PGRs ranging from 4.53 percent to 5.17 percent.

 

Attachments: