Special Release - POPCEN - Calubian

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 23

Release Date: 

Friday, May 5, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF CALUBIAN

 

Total population of Calubian as of 2015 is 31,228

The municipality of Calubian has a total population of 31,228 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 1,609 persons as compared to 29,619 total count in 2010 and higher by 2,807 persons from its total count of 28,421 in 2000.

Its population in 2015 comprised 1.8 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 1.01 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is higher by 0.60 percentage point from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 0.41 percent.

The household population of Calubian totaled to 31,191 persons in 2015, which is 5.4 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 29,580 persons. Majority or 99.9 percent of the total population of Calubian in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.1 percent or 37 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 7,858, higher by 806 households from 7,052 in 2010. The average household size in Calubian declined from 4.2 in 2010 to 4.0 in 2015.

The estimated total land area of Calubian was 100.95 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 309 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 282 and 293 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 53 barangays of Calubian, Barangay Cristina registered the biggest population with 1,278 persons in 2015 or 4.1 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top 10 barangays in terms of population were Villalon (1,059), Cabalquinto (1,052), Inalad (1,047), Jubay (995), Mahait (876), Tagharigue (861), Agas (852), Villanueva (818), and Matagok (817).

Meanwhile, Barangay Pates recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 206 persons which accounted 0.7 percent of the total population of Calubian. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom 10 barangays in terms of population were Cantonghao (240), Pangpang (260), Tabla (262), Garganera (262), Cabradilla (286), Railes (364), Dulao (378), Paula (380), and Guadalupe (Guadalupe Mendoza) (382).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Calubian in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Dulao (7.78 percent), Casiongan (6.67 percent) and Railes (5.48 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Enage, Kawayanan, Petrolio, Igang, Kawayan Bogtong, Cabradilla and Cantonghao with PGRs ranging from 2.85 percent to 5.46 percent.

Attachments: