Special Release - POPCEN - Bato

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 20

Release Date: 

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF BATO

 

Total population of Bato as of 2015 is 38,356

The municipality of Bato has a total population of 38,356 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 2,746 persons as compared to 35,610 total count in 2010 and higher by 5,382 persons from its total count of 32,974 in 2000.

Its population in 2015 comprised 2.2 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 1.42 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is higher by 0.65 percentage point from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 0.77 percent.

The household population of Bato totaled to 38,343 persons in 2015, which is 7.7 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 35,595 persons. Majority or 99.97 percent of the total population of Bato in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.03 percent or 13 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 8,691, higher by 878 households from 7,813 in 2010. The average household size in Bato slightly declined from 4.6 in 2010 to 4.4 in 2015.

The estimated total land area of Bato was 72.45 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 529 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 455 and 492 persons per square kilometer, respectively. Bato recorded as the fifth most densely populated municipality in Leyte since 2000.

Of the 32 barangays of Bato, Barangay Dawahon registered the biggest population with 3,615 persons in 2015 or 9.4 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top 10 barangays in terms of population were Dolho (3,429), Tabunok (2,904), Tinago District (Pob.) (2,418), Ponong (2,142), Anahawan (2,091.), Iniguihan District (Pob.) (1,820), Tugas (1,686), Alejos (1,529), and Kalanggaman District (Pob.) (1,390). These barangays also recorded with the highest number of households in the municipality in 2015.

Meanwhile, Barangay Cebuana recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 312 persons which accounted 0.8 percent of the total population of Bato. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom 10 barangays in terms of population were Domagocdoc (342), Santo Niño (355), Marcelo (391), Imelda (402), Mabini (436), Plaridel (442), Katipunan (442), Rivilla (474), and San Agustin (503).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Bato in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Dolho (5.04 percent), Cebuana (4.63 percent) and San Agustin (3.49 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Santo Niño, Dawahon, Katipunan, Naga, Tugas, Alejos and Bago with PGRs ranging from 2.45 percent to 3.19 percent.

Attachments: