Special Release - POPCEN - Babatngon

Reference Number: 

ISSN 17SR0837 - 18

Release Date: 

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2015 CENSUS RESULTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF BABATNGON

 

Total population of Babatngon as of 2015 is 27,797

The municipality of Babatngon has a total population of 27,797 as of August 1, 2015 based from the results of the 2015 Census of Population. It was higher by 2,222 persons as compared to 25,575 total count in 2010 and higher by 6,687 persons from its total count of 21,110 in 2000.

Its population in 2015 comprised 1.6 percent of the total population of Leyte (excluding Tacloban City). It grew at the rate of 1.60 percent annually from 2010 to 2015, which is lower by 0.34 percentage point from its population growth rate in 2000 to 2010 of 1.94 percent.

The household population of Babatngon totaled to 27,745 persons in 2015, which is 8.5 percent higher than its count in 2010 at 25,566 persons. Majority or 99.8 percent of the total population of Babatngon in 2015 are household population. The remaining 0.2 percent or 52 persons comprised institutional population or those residing in collective or institutional living quarters such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, orphanages, hotels, motels, inns, lodging houses, dormitories, military camps, corrective and penal institutions, logging, mining, construction/public work camps, and other institutional living quarters.

The number of households in 2015 reached 6,108, higher by 859 households from 5,249 in 2010. The average household size in Babatngon slightly declined from 4.9 in 2010 to 4.5 in 2015.

The estimated total land area of Babatngon was 115.18 square kilometers as per data from the Land Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The resulting population density in 2015 posted at 241 persons per square kilometer, higher than in 2000 and 2010 at 183 and 222 persons per square kilometer, respectively.

Of the 25 barangays of Babatngon, Barangay Poblacion District IV registered the biggest population with 2,589 persons in 2015 or 9.3 percent of the municipality’s total population. The remaining barangays which completed the top 10 barangays in terms of population were Poblacion District I (2,208), Pagsulhugon (1,962), Poblacion District III (1,927), Gov. E. Jaro (Bagahupi) (1,797), Rizal II (1,645), Taguite (1,497), Uban (1,140), San Agustin (1,131) and Bagong Silang (1,053).

Meanwhile, Barangay Biasong recorded the smallest population in 2015 with 447 persons which accounted 1.6 percent of the total population of Babatngon. The remaining barangays which completed the bottom 10 barangays in terms of population were Villa Magsaysay (492), Lukay (521), Bacong (527), Sangputan (614), Magcasuang (617), Guintiguian (639), Poblacion District II (700), Victory (704) and Planza (743).

The top three (3) fastest growing barangays of Babatngon in terms of population growth rate from 2010 to 2015 were Bacong (6.31 percent) Lukay (5.72 percent) and Rizal I (3.77 percent). The rest of the barangays which completed the top 10 fastest growing barangays were Rizal II, San Isidro, Planza, Magcasuang, Naga-asan, Guintigui-an and Gov. E. Jaro (Bagahupi) with PGRs ranging from 1.68 percent to 2.78 percent.

Attachments: