The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) needs 427 Statistical Researchers in Eastern Visayas for the 2018 Family Income and Expenditure Survey (FIES) Second Visit which will be conducted in January 2019.
The FIES is a nationwide survey of households which aims to gather data on family income and expenditure, to include among others, levels of consumption by item of expenditure as well as sources of income in cash and in kind. The results of FIES provide information on the levels of living and disparities in income of Filipino families, as well as their spending patterns.
The PSA is now accepting applicants for Statistical Researchers (SRs) who will be deployed across the region to enumerate sample households for at least a month. The qualifications for SRs are the following:
- Must have at least two years of college education;
- Must be willing to undergo training;
- Must be willing to work away from home;
- Must be physically fit to walk long distance and must not be pregnant;
- Must have presentable personality, friendly, courteous, and has the ability to easily develop good rapport with respondents;
- As much as possible must be a resident in any of the municipalities where the sample barangays/enumeration areas are located;
- Must speak the main dialect in the province;
- Must understand English since training materials are written in English;
- Must have a passing score in the written examination administered by the province; and
- Preferably with experience in field interviews
Interested applicants may submit their application letter together with accomplished Personal Data Sheet with recent ID picture, Medical Certificate, Tax Identification Number, Transcript of Records (for college graduate) or Certification of Grades (for non-college graduates) to the PSA Provincial Statistical Office nearest to them on or before 15 December 2018.
For inquiries and further information, please visit any Provincial Statistical Office or contact the Regional Statistical Service Office VIII with telephone numbers (053) 321-8392 or (053) 321-5153, and email address firstname.lastname@example.org.