The PSA Logo and its Meaning
The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) logo signifies its commitment to provide timely and quality statistics necessary for decision making in all aspects of Filipino life. It reflects the PSA’s vision of solid, responsive, and world-class authority on quality statistics and civil registration; and its mission to deliver relevant, reliable statistics and civil registration services for equitable development towards improved quality of life for all.
Two main elements in the logo
- Three curved arrows
Symbolize the three main pillars of the PSA as an organization: solid, responsive, and world-class. These arrows are colored red, yellow, and blue representing the colors of the Philippine flag and signifying the role of the PSA as the national statistical agency. The arrows are joined together on their sides to represent the PSA being solid, and are pointing upwards to symbolize the PSA’s dynamism in accomplishing its critical role of achieving the collective dream of sustained economic and social progress, reflecting the responsiveness of the PSA;
- Sphere and grid (globe)
Represent the PSA’s adherence to the United Nations Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics and commitment to international conventions and standards. It also represents the PSA’s participation in the global statistical community, mirroring its vision of being world-class.
The PSA shall primarily be responsible for the implementation of the objectives and provisions of R.A. 10625.
It shall plan, develop, prescribe, disseminate and enforce policies, rules and regulations and coordinate government-wide programs governing the production of official statistics, general-purpose statistics, and civil registration services.
It shall primarily be responsible for all national censuses and surveys, sectoral statistics, consolidation of selected administrative recording systems and compilation of national accounts.
The PSA shall:
1. Serve as the central statistical authority of the Philippine government on primary data collection;
2. Prepare and conduct periodic censuses on population, housing, agriculture, fisheries, business, industry, and other sectors of the economy;
3. Collect, compile, analyze, abstract and publish statistical information relating to the country’s economic, social, demographic and general activities and condition of the people;
4. Prepare and conduct statistical sample surveys on all aspects of socioeconomic life including agriculture, industry, trade, finance, prices and marketing information, income and expenditure, education, health, culture, and social situations for the use of the government and the public;
5. Carry out, enforce and administer civil registration functions in the country as provided for in Act 3753, the Law on Registry of Civil Status;
6. Collaborate with departments of the national government including GOCCs and their subsidiaries in the collection, compilation, maintenance and publication of statistical information, including special statistical data derived from the activities of those departments, corporations and their subsidiaries;
7. Promote and develop integrated social and economic statistics and coordinate plans for the integration of those statistics, including the national accounts;
8. Develop and maintain appropriate frameworks and standards for the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of data;
9. Coordinate with government departments and local government units (LGUs) on the promotion and adoption of statistical standards involving techniques, methodologies, concepts, definitions and classifications, and on the avoidance of duplication in the collection of statistical information;
10. Conduct continuing methodological, analytical and development activities, in coordination with the PSRTI , to improve the conduct of censuses, surveys and other data collection activities;
11. Recommend executive and legislative measures to enhance the development of the statistical activities and programs of the government;
12. Prepare, in consultation with the PSA Board, a Philippine Statistical Development Program (PSDP);
13. Implement policies on statistical matters and coordination, as directed by the PSA Board, and;
14. Perform other functions as may be assigned by the PSA Board and as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of RA 10625.
Solid, responsive, and world-class authority on quality statistics, efficient civil registration, and inclusive identification system.
Deliver relevant and reliable statistics, efficient civil registration services and inclusive identification system for equitable development towards improved quality of life for all.
PSA Quality Policy
We, the Philippine Statistics Authority, commit to deliver relevant and reliable statistics, efficient civil registration services and inclusive identification system to our clients and stakeholders.
We adhere to the UN Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics in the production of quality general-purpose statistics
We commit to deliver efficient civil registration services and inclusive identification system in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations and other statutory requirements.
We endeavor to live by the established core values of the PSA and adapt the appropriate technology in the development of our products and delivery of services to ensure customer satisfaction.
We commit to continually improve the effectiveness of our Quality Management System towards equitable development for improved quality of life for all.
We observe the highest standards of professional behavior by exemplifying impartiality and independence in everything we do. We stand firm with undue influence – ensuring integrity cuts across not only in the statistics we deliver, but more importantly, in our people.
We ensure transparency in all interactions and transactions to build and nurture trust inside and outside the PSA. We strive for clear communication, shared knowledge, and informed, all inclusive decisions for cultivating mutual respect at all levels of the organization.
We respond to change with positive attitude and willingness to learn new ways to deliver our mandate. We stay on top of technological advancements and never give up in the face of challenges, instead finding them as opportunities to discover and gain insights to further our services to the public.